Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wednesday Feline Fashion : Baby the Leopard

 Today marks the day that I am publishing my first Daily Fashionologie post.  Daily Fashionologie, a daily study of fashion (from my closet to every corner of the world), is starting a Wednesday tradition of Feline Fashion (dedicated to my favorite animal). Although Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn were the celebrity icons in Bringing up Baby, the true shining star of the show was Baby ( played by 'Nissa' the Leopard).  Baby may have given leopards a bad rap with her cute kitten playfulness.  Don't worry, the next time I see a leopard, I won't start singing " I can't give you anything but love."(Don't understand? Watch the movie and find out).  However Baby's personality played out, Baby illuminated the screen with her natural leopard print against Hepburn's metallic dress. When Bringing up Baby opened in theaters, the leopard print was becoming more and more popular in fashion history.  Vogue wrote that "As costumes evolved in the 30s and 40s, the animal print rendered the most famous actresses of all time, like Joan Crawford, Carole Lombard, Rita Hayworth, Bette Davis and Josephine Baker."  So, the next time you want to have a little bit of a vintage 30s style, add some leopard prints to your wardrobe. For those of you who come across any real animal furs, let's remember to stay true to the faux fur method in keeping God's beautiful creatures alive.  Well, I guess that's the wrap for Daily Fashionologie's first Feline Fashion post.  Good Night to all my little blog readers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment